Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame
February 14, 2015
A luncheon will take place at noon in the Boswell Campus Center and is $10 per person.
RSVP by calling 606-539-4355.
Women and Men's basketball double header vs. Campbellsville University at 2:00 and 4:00 P.M in the O. Wayne Rollins Center.
An auction sponsored by the Alumni Association will take place in the lobby of the Rollins Center in between games.
The Induction Ceremony will be held at halftime of the men's game.
In 1996, the Alumni Board of Directors established the Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame as a way to recognized outstanding athletic accomplishment. Individual alumni and coaches, as well as entire teams, are eligible for induction. Each year, inductees are honored during a half-time ceremony at a University of the Cumberlands (formerly Cumberland College) home game. Members of the Hall of Fame are further honored by having their names inscribed on a bronze plaque, on permanent display in the O.Wayne Rollins Center.
If you would like to nominate a former player, coach or outstanding team for induction into the Hall of Fame, please complete the form below and send it in before June 30th for consideration each year.
For additional information, contact:
Dave Bergman, Director of Alumni Services
Office of Alumni Services
7075 College Station Dr
Williamsburg, Ky 49769
Eligibility for Nomination:
- Alumni are eligible for nomination in the sixth year following their graduation.
- Teams are eligible based on the eligibility of the players.
- Former or retired coaches are eligible for nomination.
- Individuals who are neither players nor coaches but who have made significant contributions to the college athletic programs, nonetheless.
Alumni who have:
- Made a significant impact on a particular team, or
- Made a significant impact on the overall athletic program, or
- Exhibited outstanding athletic ability, or
- Attained significant athletic accomplishments.
Teams who have:
- Won a national championship, or
- Had an undefeated record during regular season competition, or
- Received a #1 national ranking.
Coaches who have:
- Made a significant contribution to the personal success of his or her players, or
- Attained significant career accomplishments
Other individuals who have:
- Made an outstanding contribution to support the overall athletic program, or
- Achieved significant athletic accomplishments.
Members of the Athletic Hall of Fame:
From left to right: Michael W. Cooper, Rodney Dunham, Whitney Qualls, Lip Hin Loo, Dan Ratliff
From left to right: Jerry Williams, Ivan Johnson, Timothy Henderlight, and Roger Morris.
Congratulations to the 2012 Inductees: Tom Dowling, Football Coach '83-'95; David Estes, '90; Charles Reed, '75; Ken Smith, '73; and Christen Heideman Von Hertsenberg, '06 (Not pictured). Standing in for Christen, Marie Von Hertsenberg, sister-in-law and current UC swimmer.
* Inducted posthumously
(Dates indicate year of graduation, years played, or years of service.)