Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame
Register for the 2017 Athletic Hall of Fame Luncheon - Click here!
SATURDAY, JANUARY 21, 2017
Schedule of Events:
12:00 p.m. Luncheon in Boswell Campus Center Grill
2:00 p.m. Women's Basketball vs UPike
*Auction in lobby of Rollins Center between games*
4:00 p.m. Men's Basketball vs UPike
*Inductions at halftime of Men's Game*
2017 Induction Class:
Allison Smith Bonds, '87 – Women's Basketball
Dr. Christian Key, '02 – Track & Field
Tony Pietrowski, '00 – Men's Basketball
Brant Poore, '94 - Baseball
Darren Poore, '93 - Baseball
Tasha Perry Singleton, '06 - Swimming
Konnie Irvin Snyder, '90 – Women's Basketball
In 1996, the Alumni Board of Directors established the Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame as a way to recognized outstanding athletic accomplishment. Individual alumni and coaches, as well as entire teams, are eligible for induction. Each year, inductees are honored during a half-time ceremony at a University of the Cumberlands (formerly Cumberland College) home game. Members of the Hall of Fame are further honored by having their names inscribed on a bronze plaque, on permanent display in the O.Wayne Rollins Center.
If you would like to nominate a former player, coach or outstanding team for induction into the Hall of Fame, please complete the form below and send it in before June 30th for consideration each year.
For additional information, contact:
Paul Stepp, Chair - Athletic Hall of Fame
Office of Alumni Services
6075 College Station Dr
Williamsburg, KY 40769
Email: [email protected]
Alumni, who have:
- Made a significant impact on a particular team, or
- Made a significant impact on the overall athletic program, or
- Exhibited outstanding athletic ability, or
- Attained significant athletic accomplishments.
Teams, that have:
- Won a national championship, or
- Had an undefeated record during regular season competition, or
- Received a #1 national ranking.
Coaches, who have:
- Made a significant contribution to the personal success of his/her players, or
- Attained significant career accomplishments.
Individuals, who have:
- Made an outstanding contribution to support the overall athletic program, or
- Achieved significant athletic accomplishments.
- Alumni may be considered beginning in the sixth year following their projected date of graduation.
- Team eligibility will be determined based on alumni eligibility criteria and any special circumstances.
- Current members of the University of the Cumberlands Coaching staff are not eligible for consideration, unless special circumstances merit.
- Individuals may be considered based on significant merit.
- All nominations must meet the eligibility criteria listed above and must be accompanied by documentation of all such criteria.
- Nominations with supporting documentation must be submitted for consideration.
University of the Cumberlands Athletes have competed according to the guidelines determined by the following organizations:
The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletes (NAIA)
The Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (KIAC)
The Mid-South Conference (MSC)
Members of the Athletic Hall of Fame:
From left to right: Michael W. Cooper, Rodney Dunham, Whitney Qualls, Lip Hin Loo, Dan Ratliff
From left to right: Jerry Williams, Ivan Johnson, Timothy Henderlight, and Roger Morris.
Congratulations to the 2012 Inductees: Tom Dowling, Football Coach '83-'95; David Estes, '90; Charles Reed, '75; Ken Smith, '73; and Christen Heideman Von Hertsenberg, '06 (Not pictured). Standing in for Christen, Marie Von Hertsenberg, sister-in-law and current UC swimmer.
* Inducted posthumously
(Dates indicate year of graduation, years played, or years of service.)